Stayed at Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruiseport hotel this weekend. While I WOULD recommend for its shear convenience before or after a Port Everglades cruise, please realize that it is an extremely busy hotel, and they could do a little better at paying attention to detail:
1. At least four ice machines were not functioning
2. Trays of uneaten food were left on (our) hallway floor for over eight (8) hours
3. Our TV remote control was not fully functional
4. A light bulb was out on one of our bedside tables
5. After the first night both room keys expired and had to be refreshed
6. One of the three elevators was out of order, and we read other reviews, stating the same, all the way back into April.
Yes, minor inconveniences, but certainly not up to traditional Sheraton standards. With all of that said, the staff was very friendly, the lobby is impressive, the food was above average, the bar selection excellent, our room was clean and, very important in South Florida…excellent air conditioning.
A couple of notes: 1) Fitness Center is in a separate building, is small, and little selection of equipment, and 2) Parking is $15 per night…you can get around the latter by joining their rewards club when you book. Joining is free, and complimentary parking is one of the perks to choose from when you check in.
A few of our Facebook fans are cruising this weekend and next…Bon Voyage! Have an excellent time!