Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day. We are back with Day 2 of our cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway, which is a full day at sea en route to Bermuda. Keep in mind, due to the extremely slow internet speed, we will be uploading most photos on Sunday, after we disembark. You will not be disappointed! Here are today’s thoughts and tips:
1. We had a wonderful day relaxing onboard, spending most of our time at Spice h2O, an adult-only deck/pool area, aft, deck 16. Chairs were easy to obtain, whether you desired shade or sunlight. This area not only protects you from young children, but also from high winds! It is close to all of the food venues on deck 15 (Garden Cafe buffet) as well as the adjacent Uptown Bar & Grill. And, it is where one of the Sabrett Hot Dog Carts is located!
2. I started the day, however, in the gym at 9:20am. It was packed. I took the tour on the first day, and did comment how small (for a ship this size) the gym is, but did not figure it would be so busy. It was still packed at 4:00pm! I truly am surpised with its size, considering it is based out of New York City. There are less older folks on board (than cruises out of Florida, for example), and as with any ship based out of the north, you would think there IS going to be greater amounts of indoor activity, and indoor use. On the flip side, the fitness centers are rarely overcrowded on the cruises out fo the south. And, on the newer megaliners (Oasis, Allure and NCL Epic) the gyms are huge!
3. I LOVE this ship, but I must mention, it DOES feel crowded. When compared to ships of similar size, hallways are narrower, buffet restaurant walking areas are tighter and the staterooms are smaller on average. The Oasis class of ships can hold about 1,500 more people (at capacity), but during my experiences, they never felt crowded.
4. Be sure the bring flip flops to the pool decks…the floor gets hot.
5. You must place you stateroom key in a slot (by the front door) to bring power into the room and for the lights to turn on. Be sure NOT to remove the key at night to shut the lights. Your electronic items will not charge up!
6. We had dinner in the Manhattan Room, one of the main dining rooms, tonight. It is a beautiful space, and has a dance floor. We enjoyed it and did not feel rushed. Since everyone has different taste buds, we are careful not to be food critics, but in our eyes, the stretch of good food continued today…no disappointments!
7. In our stateroom, the lavatory trash bin is INSIDE the door of the cabinet underneath the sink.
8. My wife was not disappointed with the service and quality of food at Wasabi Sushi Bar.
9. The DJ and staff was excellent at getting everyone involved with the Norwegian Night Out Dance Party at Spice h2O, 10:45pm. The dance floor was packed just 15 minutes into the event.
Thanks for stopping by! We will back again tomorrow with Day 3.